Can’t decide what to put in your lounge room to make it look like it came out of a magazine? Here are some tips that you can follow:
- If your room is too busy, don’t overdo the design of the accessories; try to focus on just a thing or two.
- Decide on a theme and stick to it.
- Glass and chrome accessories work well with other furniture.
- Get inspiration from the design of your room like stripes in a curtain or green from a plant.
- Consider the furniture when hanging pictures on the wall, and also whether you need to take up room vertically or horizontally.
- Shapes are also a key in choosing your accessories. For instance, round coffee tables may look good in a home where round accessories and gentle curves are dominant; however, it may not work with modern-styled furniture dominated by angles and with angular accent pieces.
To create a quick and easy painting, go to your local fabric store for a few canvases and paint them white. You can then get some wall plaster from a local hardware. Apply it on the canvas in a swirling motion. Let it dry and spray it with spray paint of your chosen color. Silver works well on a white background.